Skip to content

Valuation office

Find out how you can make appeals to the valuation officer.

You can make appeals to the valuation officer, who is an officer of an agency of HM Revenues and Customs (HMRC), if: 

  • Part of your home has been demolished
  • The property has been converted from one house into flats or flats to a house
  • There have been physical changes to the area that has affected your home’s value
  • The valuation officer has changed your home’s band, or a similar property’s band, in the last six months
  • You have become the new council tax payer for the property in the last six months.

The valuation office will consider your appeal and let you know its decision in writing. If you disagree with the decision you can still appeal to a valuation tribunal.

You still have to pay council tax according to the valuation band shown on your bill until your appeal is decided. If your appeal is successful any overpayment will be refunded.


Telephone: 03000 501501
Write to: Andrew Corkish MRICS MCMI, Listing Officer, Council Tax East, Valuation Office Agency, Ground Floor, Ferrers House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham, NG2 1AB