Services for children and young people
If you live in Leicester city and you are worried about a child or a young person having experienced domestic or sexual abuse, there are services that can help.
How we can help
We provide services in Leicester to help support, rebuild and strengthen families from difficulties. Our Early Help services include children’s centres, youth services, family support and group programmes on a range of subjects, for example parenting, early years development and domestic abuse.
How UAVA can help
UAVA helpline 0808 80 200 28 Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm.
Calls are free and will not show up on your bill.
Text support: 07715 994 962 (Text only, calls are not answered)
Visit the UAVA website
If you are worried about your child having witnessed or experienced domestic abuse, specialist workers at UAVA can:
- Work with you (and your child where relevant) to deal with the effects of abuse on your relationship
- Offer respite activities where you and your children spend time with others who have been through domestic abuse
- Offer creche cover for appointments relating to domestic abuse, so the children don’t need to go with you
- Provide a young person’s specialist worker
- Help support your child through court processes, if that is needed
- Offer group support for you as a parent, with other people who have been subjected to domestic abuse
- If you have noticed you are using abusive behaviour and want to change, help you access specialist individual or group support to be a better parent
- Offer options for children and young people who have started to use abusive behaviour following domestic abuse
- Help you improve your practical safety at home if you have ongoing worry or fear
- Help the person who is abusing you find somewhere else to stay, if that helps you and your children.
Tell us your views
Tell us about any of the local services you have used, so we can continue improving the help we offer.