Statement of accounts
The annual statement of accounts reports on our financial position at the end of the year and transactions throughout.
Audit of accounts year ended 31 March 2020 - Notice of public rights
Local audit and Accountability Act 2014 Section 26
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 Part 5
Our accounts are subject to external audit by Grant Thornton UK LLP of Colmore Building, 20 Colmore Circus, Birmingham B4 6AT. The public inspection period will run from Monday 15 June to Friday 24 July 2020 inclusive (except Saturdays and Sundays) between 10am and 4pm. An unaudited statement of accounts for the year ended the 31 March 2020 are published below.
Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process. During the inspection period:
- Members of the public may inspect the accounts of the council for the year ended 31 March 2020 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts);
- Members of the public may make copies of all or any part of those records or documents;
- Local government electors for the area of the council, or their representative, may ask the auditor questions about the accounts.
Certain restrictions are in place however, including protection of commercially sensitive documents and / or documents containing personal information.
During the inspection period, local government electors, or their representatives, also have a right to make an objection to the local auditor providing:
- The objection concerns a matter in respect of which the auditor could issue a report in the public interest; or could apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law (under Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014);
- The objection is made in writing to the auditor using the contact details below;
- A copy of the objection is sent to the Council using the contact details below.
To make arrangements to inspect the accounts for the council for the year ended 31 March 2020 please contact us. To make arrangements to ask the auditor questions about the accounts please contact the auditor directly.
Dated: 11 June 2020
Alison Greenhill, Director of Finance
Address: Leicester City Council, City Hall, 115 Charles Street, Leicester LE1 1FZ
Grant B Patterson
Address: The Colmore Building, 20 Colmore Circus, Birmingham B4 6AT
Telephone: 0121 232 5296
If you have problems accessing or viewing the statement of account documents below, please send us an email.