Park and Ride
Electric buses will be introduced on the Park and Ride services on 24 May 2021. This significant change is part of the wider Greenline Electric Bus Project, aimed at improving air pollution, relieving congestion and improving accessibility on key bus routes. Find more information about the Greenline Electric Bus Project.
Payment by contactless card is now available. Where passengers need to pay by cash, it is requested that the exact fare is given to minimise contact with drivers. To assist with this, a flat rate of £3 for a day or group ticket is in operation. Concessionary passes can also be used.
What other safety measures will be in place?
There are several measures put in place to ensure customers and staff remain safe while using the service.
- Risk assessments have been completed for the buses by Roberts Travel Group and we have risked assessed the terminal buildings.
- There will be additional signage at terminals and car parks encouraging people to socially distance and practice good hand hygiene.
- Seated areas and toilet facilities will remain closed,
- Terminal buildings will remain open and will be regularly cleaned and checked throughout the day.
- Perspex screens will be affixed to drivers’ doors and stickers will be used on the bus to indicate the availability of seats.
Buses from all three Park and Ride sites will:
- Operate every 15 minutes to the city centre
- 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday
NHS workers and concessions
NHS workers and concessions can continue to use the bus free of charge, but we are encouraging people to follow the Government’s advice to use a vehicle if you have access to one. If you cycle, you could also consider park and cycle which is a scheme we offer to encourage more sustainable travel. You can park and cycle from either of the sites reopening in June.
For further information on Leicester Park and Ride, please visit Choose How You Move.
This service is currently subsidised by the Covid-19 Bus Services Support and Better Buses Grants 2020-2021.
The grants financially support the operation of 7,130 kms per week relating to the subsidised park and ride services from Enderby and Meynells Gorse.
- Supported Bus Services Revenue Grant 2020-2021 (£83,550)
- Covid-19 Bus Services Support Grants
- 17 March to 13 April 2020: £19,985
- 14 April to 11 May 2020: £19,985
- 12 May to 1 June 2020: £19,985
- 1 June - 4 August: £54,304