Skip to content

Coronavirus is still a danger

Get the latest information and advice

Concessionary travel for senior citizens

If you live in Leicester and are of the qualifying age, you are entitled to a concessionary bus pass.

How do I change my disabled bus pass to a senior citizen pass?

Please note, if you have previously had a disabled bus pass but now wish to have a senior citizen pass you will not be able to get this changed online. Please email us at and we will be able to get this changed for you.

How do I apply?

You can apply for a senior citizen bus pass online. If you need help, ask a member of staff at your local library. Find your nearest library.

What if I have already applied?

If you have already applied for a bus pass, please allow 28 days for your application to be processed.

If you have not heard anything from us after 28 days then please email us at with your full name, address, and your contact number so that we can get back to you.

When and where you can travel

The pass can be used for free travel on buses between 9.30am and 11pm during the week, and all day at weekends and on bank holidays.

It is also valid for half fare bus travel before 9.30am on weekdays, and free bus travel between 11pm and midnight if the journey starts in Leicester.

The pass also entitles you to half fare train travel on journeys from Leicester to Derby, Nottingham, Peterborough, Kettering or Nuneaton and back. The pass is not valid on bus services outside England, coaches, trams, ferries, the London underground or train travel (aside from the train services mentioned above).

View our full terms and conditions for senior citizens concessionary travel passes. 

What if my pass is lost or stolen?

If your pass is lost or stolen, you can apply to replace your pass online.

Contact us

If you have any questions about your bus pass, please email us at