We've been installing double glazed windows to our properties since 1998.
The programme is nearly complete, and subject to funding, the small number of remaining properties will be picked up over the next few years.
If you live in a council property without PVCu double glazed windows and would like to be considered for the programme, call us on 0116 454 1007.
Tenants can still ask for repairs to existing windows either by contacting us or via our online repairs reporting site.
New PVCu windows offer the following benefits:
- Lower heating bills - double-glazing helps keep the cold out and the heat in
- Fewer draughts - the new windows are double draught-stripped
- Less decorating - the new units don't need painting
- Less condensation - the new windows are fitted with ventilators
- Greater security - the new windows are also fitted with high security locks and fittings.
Please note, tenants cannot apply for the work to be done. We will write to you if your home has been selected, normally eight to ten weeks before the work starts.
The work will take one or two days to complete, depending on the size of your property and the number of windows you have.
Right to buy
If you are planning to buy your home under the right to buy scheme, we will not fit any new windows. You must tell us if you are planning to buy your home before the work starts, otherwise you will be charged for the work.
Special needs or complaints
If you have any special needs, problems or complaints, please let us know.