Find out what Brexit means for Leicester - get advice and support on how you can prepare for it. To reduce any impact on our services, we are working closely with partners and the government to understand the various risks and to identify opportunities that will help boost the city's outlook.
Advice for all residents
There is a range of information on the GOV.UK website. Links to more specific information are available below:
- Health and social care
- Work - workplace rights and working in the EU
- Business and industry - consumer rights, banking and selling online
- Education, training and skills - studying abroad
- Going and being abroad - passports, foreign travel advice, mobile roaming fees, pet travel
- Transport - driving abroad, vehicle insurance, and flying to the EU
- Environment - environmental standards and food labels.
Advice for a UK national living in the EU
Advice for an EU national and you want to continue living in the UK
EU Settlement Scheme
The EU Settlement Scheme allows EU citizens to continue to live, work and study in the UK without any immigration time restrictions after the UK leaves the European Union.
We are offering identity verification for applicants who cannot apply using the Home Office App using an Android device, which doesn't have Near Field Communication (NFS). Please note, the app is currently not available on Apple devices. To find out more and attend a verification session, go to our EU Settlement Scheme page.
Advice for businesses
- How leaving the EU may affect your business tool - GOV.UK has a useful tool to help you understand this. The tool will guide you to information specific to your industry as well as setting out changes to rules and regulations that you may need to consider.