Ward community funding
Each ward is allocated a yearly budget which can be used to support projects that bring benefits to the community within the ward.
Please ensure you read the guide to ward funding attached below, which explains the new process.
Applications are considered by ward councillors three times per year. The deadlines for submission are:
- 31 January
- 31 May
- 30 September.
Please contact us if you need further help or advice on completing it.
If you require support to access the web application form please feel free to visit any of our libraries and multi-service centres, where we will guide you to the appropriate section online using our free public access computers.
You can find the guidance document at the bottom of this page.
Ward funding advice sessions
We will be holding advice sessions to help you find out further information about ward funding and the application process.
Come along to any of the advice sessions below:
Monday 11 November
- 10am - 12pm at Aylestone Baptist Church
- 1pm - 3pm at Advice Centre Victoria Road East
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at Knighton Library
Monday 18 November
- 10am - 12pm at Pork Pie Library
- 1pm - 3pm at St Barnabas Library
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at St Matthews Centre
Wednesday 20 November
- 10am - 12pm at Fosse Centre
- 1pm - 3pm at Evington Library
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at BRITE Centre
Friday 22 November
- 10am - 12pm at Belgrave Library
- 1pm - 3pm at Central Library
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at St Philips Centre
Monday 13 January 2020
- 10am - 12pm at Westcotes Library
- 1pm - 3pm at Highfields Adventure Playground
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at Rushey Mead Library
Wednesday 15 January 2020
- 10am - 12pm at Hamilton Library
- 1pm - 3pm at Beaumont Leys Library
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at Eyres Monsell Community Centre
Friday 17 January 2020
- 10am - 12pm at New Parks Centre
- 1pm - 3pm at Tudor Centre
- 3.30pm - 5.30pm at Thurnby Lodge Community Centre
For any queries, please call us on 0116 454 1940.
Our community meetings take place every quarter, with the intention of bringing the council and the communities within our wards closer together.
The meetings give residents the opportunity to work with us, and other agencies such as the police and NHS, to identify local issues and improve their neighbourhoods. All ward residents are welcome to attend.
Each ward meeting has small amounts of funding to support projects which benefit the local community.
The documents at the bottom of the page explain the types of projects which can be funded, who can make a proposal and how this can be done.
Ring us on: 0116 454 1940
Send us an email