Skip to content

Sent us an application or email?

If you have have received an automatic acknowledgment after submitting an application or email, please do not try and call us – we will respond to you as soon as we can.

Entertainment, food and drink licensing

A licence is needed to sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, late night refreshment, including sexual entertainment and running a sex shop.

Entertainment, food and drink licences are covered by the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005.

A licence is needed to:

  • sell or supply alcohol
  • provide regulated entertainment
  • provide late night refreshment
  • provide sexual entertainment
  • run a sex shop

The Licensing Act 2003 concerns:

  • the sale or supply of alcohol
  • the provision of regulated entertainment
  • the supply of late night refreshment

Find out more and apply for an alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment licences

The Gambling Act 2005 covers:

  • casinos
  • bingo
  • betting
  • gaming
  • gaming machines and lotteries

Find out more and apply for a gambling licence

Sex establishments include:

  • sexual entertainment venues (for example, lap dancing and striptease)
  • sex shops

Find out more and apply for a sex establishment licence.