Cost of living easy read
Find easy read information about the cost of living.
What is the cost of living crisis and how might it affect me?
What help can I get?
- Go to BetterOff Leicester website to see the benefits you could be entitled to and get help to apply for them online
- Find out about cost of living support payments
- How to get help with food, energy and fuel costs
- Join the Priority Services Register to get extra help with electricity, gas and water
- Find a warm space where you can keep warm this winter
Other help and advice
Mencap’s free helpline service offers advice and support for people with a learning disability, and their families and carers.
You can also contact Citizens Advice to get advice about money and how to apply for benefits.
- Call Citizens Advice for help on 0808 2787970
You can also call to make an appointment to see someone who can help.
If you can’t make an appointment over the phone or online, visit Leicester City Council Customer Services, where we can help you to make an appointment with Citizens Advice through our public telephones.
Visit us at 91 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FB. We're open Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am - 4.30pm.