Community support grant
The community support grant scheme (CSG) is available to support vulnerable people experiencing financial difficulty. Due to the coronavirus crisis we have made changes to the scheme . We continue to support the most vulnerable people in the city who experience financial difficulty and cannot access food and fuel in this crisis .
We are temporarily suspending the offer of support grants. Support grants were for items such as furniture.
We have also made changes to the way you make a claim for food and fuel vouchers to make sure you receive these as quickly as possible.
We are experiencing very high volumes of enquiries, so please be patient.
The community support grants scheme for crisis applications can help with the following:
- Vouchers for gas and electricity for customers with a prepayment meter and responsibility for a utility supply in the city .
- Food can be delivered to your door .
Please be aware we do not provide cash.
In order to be considered, you will need to meet the following criteria
- You need to have suffered a sudden and unexpected misfortune
- You have no funds for your immediate daily essentials
- You must be over 16
- You must be a resident of Leicester
Tips for submitting an application
- The application form will take around 20 minutes to complete.
- ID evidence will be required to support your application. You will be advised upon submission of your application.
- Ensure you have details to hand like your National Insurance number and full address (including postcode).
- Each case will be treated on its own merits, and all customers will receive equal and fair treatment.
How to submit a crisis application
To make a claim for crisis support, people should email their name and contact number to C19support@leicester.gov.uk.
Our staff will then call back between 9.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday and the application will be completed over the phone.
If eligible, how do I collect a voucher or food?
- If your application is successful, utility vouchers will be emailed directly to you or a trusted family member or friend .
- Food will be delivered to your door .