Skip to content

Coronavirus is still a danger

Get the latest information and advice

Get financial support

Need advice on your council tax, business rates or housing benefit? Find out how we can help.

Change your council tax address

If you have moved home you must let us know as soon as possible so that we can adjust your bill.

I am moving within/out of Leicester or going abroad

You will need to know your council tax reference number to complete this form. If you are moving abroad, we will send your closing bill by airmail.

I am a new Leicester resident

Register for council tax

Change of circumstances due to bereavement

If you wish to notify us of a change in circumstances due to a bereavement, please do not complete these forms. Instead, please send the information to us by email using the link below, quoting the council tax reference number and address concerned.

More in this section

If you do not think you should be liable for council tax but you still want to inform us of your move into Leicester, then please email the details to us at