Other financial support
Find out what other help may be available to you and where to get support.
Bills and winter payments
- The Big Difference Scheme - can give people on low incomes big discounts off their Severn Trent Water bill.
- Cold weather payments - you may get a cold weather payment if you’re getting certain benefits or support for mortgage interest.
- Energy rebate - if your household is in council tax bands A to D, you may qualify for a payment (rebate) of £150 to help with energy bills.
Childcare and food
- Free school meals - Find out if your child qualifies for benefits-related free school meals and how to apply.
- Stocking Farm Community Shop - buy food at deeply discounted prices, join a cook club - kids eat free and you can join in other programmes and activities
- Healthy Start offers vouchers for milk, fruit and vegetables if you’re pregnant or have a child under four.
- SureStart maternity grants are one-off payments of £500 to help with the cost of having a child.
- Tax-free childcare - You could be entitled up to £500 towards childcare.
- Funeral payments are available if you are struggling to pay funeral costs.
- Legal aid can help pay for legal advice, family mediation and representation in court.