Skip to content

Other financial support

Find out what other help may be available to you and where to get support.

Bills and winter payments

  • The Big Difference Scheme - can give people on low incomes big discounts off their Severn Trent Water bill. 
  • Cold weather payments - you may get a cold weather payment if you’re getting certain benefits or support for mortgage interest.
  • Energy rebate - if your household is in council tax bands A to D, you may qualify for a payment (rebate) of £150 to help with energy bills. 

Childcare and food

  • Free school meals - Find out if your child qualifies for benefits-related free school meals and how to apply.
  • Stocking Farm Community Shop - buy food at deeply discounted prices, join a cook club - kids eat free and you can join in other programmes and activities
  • Healthy Start offers vouchers for milk, fruit and vegetables if you’re pregnant or have a child under four.
  • SureStart maternity grants are one-off payments of £500 to help with the cost of having a child.
  • Tax-free childcare - You could be entitled up to £500 towards childcare.



  • Legal aid can help pay for legal advice, family mediation and representation in court.

Medical and travel