Trade waste facility
Businesses can dispose of their waste at Gypsum Close Trade Recycling Centre. The facility is open to all businesses within or outside of Leicester city.
Our trade waste facility offers a simple, flexible and cost effective way to dispose of business waste and is open to all businesses in and around Leicester. There are many benefits to using the trade waste facility:
- no contracts
- no large bins outside your premises
- no collection fees
- competitive disposal costs
- low minimum weights
How do I use the trade waste facility?
1. Apply for a waste carriers license (using quick link above)
If you wish to transport waste from your business or operational premises to a disposal location, you must possess a valid waste carriers licence (or waste carrier exemption if applicable). A licence can be obtained from the Environment Agency. This licence is usually free if you are only transporting your own business waste. If bringing someone else’s business waste, or you deal with building, construction or demolition waste, you may have to pay for the licence.
2. Register your details (using the quick link above)
In addition to applying for the waste carrier’s licence, you can register your details with our waste site to make your first visit quicker. For quick and easy registration of your vehicle, please use the quick link above.
3. Bring your waste and recycling to the facility
How much will it cost?
The on-site weighbridges allow us to calculate prices based on the weight of each material to the nearest 20kg. Please separate your waste and recycling before bringing it for disposal.
The following table shows the materials we can accept with indicative prices:
|Type of waste||Sample prices by weight|
|20kg||100kg||300kg||500kg||Prices per tonne (1000kg)|
|Hardcore and rubble||£5**||£5**||£6.60||£11||£22|
|Wood and timber||£5**||£7||£21||£35||£70|
|Mixed paper and card||£5**||£5**||£5||£6||£12|
|Mixed loads (excluding general waste/plasterboard)***||£5**||£7||£21||£35||£70|
* General waste is non-hazardous material that does not fit into one of the other waste categories. For example; sofas, mattresses, plastics, and fabrics. General waste loads will need to be sorted and separated once on site.
** Minimum charge applies.
*** Mixed loads include garden waste, hardcore and rubble, wood and timber, paper and cardboard and scrap metal. Mixed loads will have to be sorted and separated once on site. Please note: Mixed loads deemed to be contaminated with significant amounts of general waste or plasterboard will be charged as general waste or plasterboard accordingly.
**** This is waste that is non-hazardous waste but requires:
- Additional on site management, for example removal of packaging or items need to be broken up;
- and/or is difficult or not cost effective to handle, for example large loads of polystyrene.
How do I pay?
Payment is taken by card on site once your recycling/waste has been weighed.
|Monday to Friday||8am - 5pm|
The trade waste facility is closed on bank holidays.
Where are we located?
Gypsum Close (off Lewisher Road),
Troon Industrial Area,
Hazardous waste from businesses will not be accepted at Gypsum Close Recycling Centre, or any of our sites. You should contact a commercial contractor to arrange the removal of your waste. You can contact the Environment Agency for advice on 08708 506 506. A full list of hazardous materials we do not accept can be found below.
- Aerosol cans
- Animal By-products (e.g. raw meat)
- Batteries (including household batteries, car batteries etc.)
- Clinical waste or medicines
- Electrical goods, such as fridge/freezers, TV monitors, microwaves & other small electrical appliances
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas bottles
- Hazardous chemicals such as solvent based products, cleaning fluids or items contaminated with hazardous chemicals, including used containers.
- Oil, petrol, diesel or paraffin, brake fluid, antifreeze or items contaminated with these liquids including containers.
- Paints and Varnishes
- Significant amounts of catering food waste
- Waste containing Ozone Depleting Substances (e.g. some Cold Store Panels
If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.